As of April 2015, the following are programs, services, events, and functions of
Long Beach Breastfeeds:
Breastfeeding Support for Long Beach Area Moms – private, online Facebook group with over 1,000 members and 12 volunteer administrators // average 20 posts per day
Long Beach Breastfeeding Resource Directory – updated bi-annually, a complete listing of lactation clinics, private practice lactaiton professionals, support groups, breastfeeding classes, retail stores, and more
Weekly Support Groups – free and donation-based mother-to-mother support groups led by a lactation professional (CLE, CLC, CLEC, or IBCLC)
- Beach Cities Midwifery – Fridays, 10am-12noon
- ***New support groups To Be Announced 5/2 at our Community Conversation!
Latch & Link: Breastfeeding Community Fair – Our signature event. Long Beach’s first and only community fair dedicated to breastfeeeding! Held every first Saturday of August, Latch & Link coincides with World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7) and National Breastfeeding Month. It is also a La Leche League “Live, Love, Latch” event. Last year we had over 750 attendees!
- “Share the Love” donor milk drive (February)
- “Great Long Beach Latch” (August) – held at Latch & Link each year, this is a celebration of NIP or “Nursing In Public”. At a designated time, we count all babies and children latched on to their mother’s breast. Our current record was achieved at Latch & Link 2014 – 162 babies and children latched on!
- Lactation Cookie Swap (December)
- Monthly Breastfeeding Playdates // Meet-ups (monthly)
- Networking Mixer for Lactation Professionals and Breastfeeding Advocates (bi-annually)
- Breastfeeding Open Mic Nights (bi-annually)